Benefit: Use of raw water

The communal water supply has been approximately 410 million cubic metres annually in recent years. About 90% of the population is inside the distribution network and 10% is dependent on their own water sources, most commonly private wells. Over half (61%) of the communal water supply originates from groundwater deposits and the rest (39%) is processed from the surface waters.

 

Keinänen-Toivola, M. M., Ahonen, M. H. & Kaunisto, T. 2007. Talousveden laatu Suomessa vuosina 1984–2006. Vesi-instituutin julkaisuja 2. 112 s. [In Finnish]

Talousvesi. Vesilaitosyhdistys (VVY). [In Finnish]

 

 

Discuss this topic

Start the discussion »

Add comment


If you have trouble reading the code, click on the code itself to generate a new random code.


Your message will be sent for moderation. New comments are usually published on the next workday.

Hide comments